Pages

08 October 2011

Celebrating at China Town

October 7, 2011 ▬ I just got back from dinner outside. We celebrated the 18th birthday of our friend, Jesson though he had his birthday last October 3. He treated us at a certain chinese restaurant in Binondo. We ate a lot and when I mean "a lot", it's really a lot. HAHA! It's been so long since we had fun talking, discussing whatever comes to our mind. There were some dead air but there's always someone who will start a new topic of conversation. There were five of us. Other members of our group weren't able to come. Some of the reasons: they have class, they live far away, they'll be going home late. Still, the fun won't stop just because we're missing some people, but it would have been better if they were there.


At first, I was in a bad mood because we took jeep as a means of transportation and smoke I inhaled made me feel very uncomfortable. I don't mind using jeep instead of taxi. I just don't like the smoke. Not only that, I was being secretly emotional. HAHA! It was obvious that I was on a bad mood and I felt so embarrassed with the way my friends were behaving. I didn't really care at first, but people started staring and... it didn't feel right. Then suddenly, it started raining. Just a drizzle though. So we searched for a suitable restaurant, but most of it are already closed. It was around 8pm when we were strolling around Manila China Town. 

After eating, then we started talking more about philosophy, beliefs, love, relationships, kissing, and many other things. It was a fun and enjoyable, yet sometimes confusing conversation. Confusing at least on my part. HAHA! I hope this will not just be the end of it. From time to time, we'll be having this kind of dinner among friends and enjoy ourselves. Besides, we're not doing anything bad. We don't drink alcoholic beverages nor do we smoke. We just talk. I don't see any harm on that.  It's also good for the mind. We relate our conversations to different topics of our subjects. :)

Seeing that we were the only ones left in the restaurant, Jesson paid for the whole dinner which amounted to Php1500. I think it was worth it because seeing how many dishes were served, we were able to finish it. That's how we love food. HAHA!

Next is the penthouse above our friend, Kierby's home. We also went there to talk. Yes, we just talk about things. I also asked some of their insights or opinions about my current position of whether the current course I am taking is the right for me. We weren't there for long because our friend, Kim's mom is worried. We don't blame her that the evening had to end like that. We understand and it's no big deal. We all had fun. I'm sure of it. I really wish we'll do this again. 

Oh! And this time, I insisted on taking taxi, but the inside of the vehicle smells like smoke from cigarette. HAHA!

No comments :

Post a Comment