Pages

19 February 2013

Eagle Point Resort

Relatives from the United States visited the Philippines last February 4. They already went back last February 15. It was our first time meeting two of our cousins from the US. They're the only ones we haven't met. Names? Daniel and Marc. They're really cool and funny. We met them when we were in Eagle Point Resort in Batangas, Philippines. I was with my other cousin loitering around the lobby when we saw two American dudes each carrying a couple of bags.



So what did we do in Eagle Point Resort? Eat. Eat. Eat. Eat...and eat. We just kept on eating!!! HAHA! One thing we all have in common is that we really love food. Even cousin Daniel says so.

What other activities? Uhhh.. We also went snorkeling. I was a bit nervous because I don't really like swimming in sea. I know how to swim but I prefer the swimming pool. You'll never know what deadly lifeforms you're swimming with. Sometimes it can be scary. Or is it just me??? HAHA! Still, I wanted to try snorkeling for fun. My cousins were teasing me about sharks but heck, there really was! The resort was keeping it as a pet. No worries.. there's a tank for them. HAHA!  I'll tell the story later about the sharks. HAHA! For now, I'll go with snorkeling. HAHA! So yeah... it was a first for me. There I met Nemo, Marlin, adn Dory. HAHA! I saw many fishes and some weird-looking corals??? Looked like a brain to me. HAHA! Not to mention the sea urchins! Ugh... Kinda scary when there were so many of 'em. Gives me the chills too.

Kudos to cousin Daniel who did not wear fins nor life vest. He was wearing these but one of our cousins wasn't able to bring so he gave it to her (Kate).  How nice of him.  :) Kate's really brave. She doesn't know how to swim yet still went snorkeling with us. HAHA! We fed the fishes while we're at it. Oh! And there was also that time when we saw a long sea snake... not! HAHA! We thought it was a sea snake. We were like "Whoa sh*t!" and swam to the opposite direction. HAHA! And I was just above it! Daaayymmnnnn. That scared the hell out of us. HAHA! Sorry if there are no pictures. We were too busy having fun. :P

Okay... so off to the sharks. I said something about a tank, right? I'm not really sure if that's a 'tank'. HAHA! Anyway... we were feeding the sharks. There were French ladies testing their equipment for scuba diving.



They swam with the sharks. My cousins were being naughty. They kept throwing bait at the scuba divers so the sharks would go to them. HAHA! And take note... the husband of one of the ladies was just beside us as we throw the bait straight at them. HAHA! Well... we did ask if it's okay, and he said yes! HAHA! Crazy. But what's crazier was that he let his son swim in the tank! With the sharks!!! Big jaw drop for us. HAHA!


We were very surprised so we asked if it was okay because there are sharks in there and an employee of the resort said those sharks won't harm them. HAHA! Daniel dared us to go swim with the sharks too. He'll go if any of us goes. I wanted to take the challenge but seeing how gruesome the water is, I decided to back off. HAHA! Then again, there was a part of me scared to go swimming with the sharks. :P But maybe... just maybe... if the water isn't so dirty... I'll probably take the challenge.

Here are some random shots of the resort.




3 comments :

  1. was this EPR in Anilao Mabini Batangas? Haven't went there yet :P I guess I really need to explore my hometown :P

    Myxilog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place is awesome. Speaking of snorkel, I want to try it! :))

    ReplyDelete