Pages

03 December 2021

One time a random stranger helped you

 Day 5 of 7-day blogging challenge.

This is something that happened back in 2015. I was in a MRT train and I didn't really eat anything before going out. I woke up late and I was meeting my friend to eat out so I thought I will just lose appetite if I take a bite so I skipped it.

The train was packed as usual and I had to stand. Suddenly I felt dizzy and it was the first time I felt I might just faint. It was a hot day and the crowded train made it worse. So there I was standing praying my body can still hold out 'til I get to my station. I was holding a hand rail and I made eye contact with a student (college I think) and I must have looked really pale for her to notice. I didn't say anything but she was really kind to stand up and offer her seat. I barely remember what she looked and I only got to give her an apologetic smile and a thank you response. The MRT in Manila is no joke and getting a seat rarely happens for me. She was a real life saver. Sitting helped me feel a lot better. She eventually had to go since it was her stop. I got off the train after a few more stops and went straight to a food stall to get myself a drink and something to munch on. I hope that girl is doing well in life and I pray for her success.

No comments :

Post a Comment