Pages

13 October 2012

Opera Thoughts

Last October 6, I watched The Phantom of the Opera with my parents at the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP). I wanted to take pictures but was not able to. I've got two reasons. Firstly, it wasn't allowed to take pictures inside. Second is that.... I didn't bring my camera. HAHA! I intentionally did not bring it with me and I regret doing so. No camera for me but there's still my dad's iPhone. Of course we took pictures after the show. I wanted to take a picture of the chandelier used in the play but it was prohibited. :<


How I wish I didn't watch the 2004 movie version of the Phantom of the Opera. I was too excited so a week before the play, I kept watching it over and over again in YouTube. I lost count how many times I've seen it. I also watched the 1989 version. HAHA! While seated, I knew what scene was up next so the excitement was not the same as seeing it for the first time. My favorite part is the Masquerade. I was amazed with the music and costumes. There were some displayed outside and I spent most of my time during the 20-minute break admiring it.


I noticed many wanted Phantom to be together with Christine but... I honestly prefer Raoul. HAHA! Well, we've got our own preferences. HAHA! Team Raoul!

Better keep my hand at the level of my eyes. There's a lot of Christine x Phantom fans out there. HAHA!

Standing ovation for the whole cast! Their acting is great. Talk about the voice. No auto-tunes or whatsoever. Just pure talent. I hope to see yet another spectacular show. Gotta love theater.

5 comments :

  1. I know nothing about this show tbvh but I am glad you you get to see it and like it. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kristen: Thank you! BTW, you can watch it in YouTube. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I`d like to watch it, but time won't permit </3 Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bought a whole lot! My friend and I got the keychain and charm bracelet for ourselves. I haven't seen the mask back then! I wish I have!

    ReplyDelete