Pages

12 June 2013

Take chances

During my first and second year of college, I didn't have an org I was active in. I was a member of a few but I ended up being just-another-member. I was expecting that because I had difficulties with my studies and wasn't able to participate in their activities. What pushed me to join are incentives, discounts, and freebies from establishments or events.


During my second year, a friend of mine who's going to join the Council of Student Organizations told me about the org and insisted on me joining as well. I inquired about it and kept reading over and over again the content of the brochure that was given to me. I really wasn't so sure whether to join or not because I had a feeling I don't have the qualifications to be part of it. I mean... it manages 38 organizations in the university! What can I do for it? And first off.. will I even be accepted? I knew it will be tough because I'll have to juggle it with academics. I kept asking myself "Should I go for it?" I filled up the form and waited until it's the last day of recruitment. I was in front of their booth, ready to submit the application form but... I hesitated and backed out. 

On my third year, I went all out. I joined different organizations and was active in most of it. Of course, I also applied for the one my friend introduced to me. A great thing about it is that I was able to meet a lot of people. I gained new friends and experienced a heck of fun with them. I was finally allowed by my parents to have an overnight and go to teambuildings and outings. They're still a little strict about it though. Now I can feel what college should really feel like. I wouldn't say my job in the org is easy. It has its tough times but I like what I'm doing and I'm happy to be a part of it. :)

3 comments :

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaay~ I envy you kk~
    When I was in college I didn't experience to join any org >___<
    I hate myself for being timid all the time kk~

    It sounded like you are happy with your orgs good luck to you and enjooooooooy~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be interested in joining a blog link up. head over here: www.anexperimentedblog.tk/2013/07/meet-mingle-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you should be out. You should join different orgs and mingle to other people. It is much better to have a lot of friends than few.
    Enjoy your days while you're in college. How I miss going to school. *sigh*

    xoxo,
    SHERLAINE
    .never settle for less.

    ReplyDelete