Pages

11 July 2015

07.11.2015

Hello. Well, this is awkward. I can't remember the last time I checked my Gmail account. Let alone my Blogger account. I've been busy with work. Yes, work. Can you believe it? I actually got hired! HAHAHA! I can't help but smile whenever I remember how pessimistic I was about not getting a job. I was hired by one of my preferred companies. It's one of the top international banks in the world (please let me brag haha!) and I am very very very much happy and lucky to be part of it. You have no idea how happy I was when I found out they wanted me to be part of their company. It's my first job and I really want to do great. I won't be mentioning the company's name because employees were advised to avoid mentioning it in their social networking activities so let's just leave it at that.

I've been with the company for five months already and I must say.. I'm not entirely satisfied with my performance. To be honest, it has been stressful for me. My job involves a limited time to finish different reports. I don't want to use the "new hire" excuse for my inefficiency because deep down, I know I'm not cut out for a time pressured work. Well, at least not yet. To make myself feel better, I tell myself I am gradually starting to get used to it and that I am improving. Still slow, but with improvement.

My teammates are also fun to work with. I was surprised how open they can be. Completely opposite of the formal corporate environment I was expecting. It's too bad my former boss resigned. He's actually a fun person. Again, not what I was expecting. I was prepared to have a terror boss. Thankfully, I had the opposite. My new boss is also a fun person. She's like a mom to me. I told her that and I really hope she wasn't offended or anything. Sometimes, I want to slap myself with all the random things I say to people. As for my colleagues, they're too funny. I don't know how they do it but they're just naturally funny. Or maybe it's because I easily laugh at random jokes. Most of the time I laugh for no reason. And that's a sign that something's wrong with me. lol

Truthfully, I'm not the sociable type. I only know people near my workstation and I hardly talk to anyone other than my teammates. I was told by my boss to try to get to know other employees because it will be beneficial to my work especially when I need to ask questions about a subject I do not know. I try.. okay maybe I don't try that much because let's face it. I'm not good at getting to know others because I feel like I'm forcing myself. Right now I just want to go with the flow in meeting them. I don't really know how to approach people. But in time, I know we will be closely working together and be able to get to know each other better. Maybe not now, but sooner or later, we will. Hopefully.

No comments :

Post a Comment